Spiga

Debian 4 screen not running in 1200x800 resolution

(Question)

I have installed Debian 4.0 on my Compaq V500 laptop, which has 256 MB of RAM and Intel 945M chipset. Everything is running fine, except that I have problem with screen resoulution. By default, I get a resolution of 1200x768 whereas I need it to be 1200x800. I tried to change the settings, but it does not support any other resolution. Please help.

(Answer)

To get the desired resolution just install the 915resolution package. To install the new package, fire up the Synaptic package manager and select the package to be installed. After the installation is over, restart your X server and the resolution will automatically change to 1200x800.

From Linux For You Magazine (Q and A Section)
Organize by Vipin Sharma from New Horizons India Ltd-
Senior Corporate Manager - Technical



Related Posts by Categories



Widget by Hoctro | Jack Book

0 comments:




Earn $$ with WidgetBucks!